We all love wearing jewelry, whether men or women. Jewelry is a part of every person’s life. We are here to talk about the beautiful white jewelry that is made from a metal which is very soft and of a great use for all of us. We are talking about silver. As we know silver in its pure form is soft, hence difficult to hold strength. Other metals are mixed with it to make it strong, in order to increase its durability. When another metal is mixed into silver, another substance is formed, which is called Sterling Silver. This is something that we find in all our silver jewelry.
Sterling Silver is the silver which is used to make ornaments since ancient times. As described above, it is a mixture of silver & some other metal. As silver has to be mixed with some other metal to make ornaments, people can be duped by jewelry makers as they can mix more of other metals & less of silver to make ornaments & still call it a silver jewelry. For this reason, US Federal Trade Commission (FTC) considers that any silver jewelry is called a silver jewelry when it contains at least 92.5% of actual pure silver to it. 92.5% is the ratio in which pure silver is to be mixed with the other metal to make ornaments. Majority of the times, the remaining 7.5% of the other metal is of copper. It is copper, which is widely used with silver to make jewelry like sterling silver rings or sterling silver necklaces. Copper provides the hardness that pure silver needs & the tendency to tarnish.
I think now you’ll be absolutely clear with what kind of jewelry you might be looking for & whether it is a sterling silver ring or any other silver jewelry. Make sure you take good care of your silver jewelry. Sterling silver jewelry should be stored in clothes or bags that protect them from any kind of tarnish to the ornament. They should be kept in a dry & cold place, away from any other kind of jewelry in order to protect it from scratches. Celebrity inspired jewelry should be cleaned with the help of polishing cloth. Do not use any kind of toothpaste to clean it.