A lot of women clean out their closets to make room for new purchases, but oftentimes, the jewelry box is ignored, until you realize you've run out of room. What's the solution? Buying a bigger jewelry box? Perhaps. But just as clothes go out of style, so does jewelry. So we've put together a list with some easy-to-follow tips for deciding what to hold onto, what to get rid of and what to invest in this season.Keep
- Sterling silver jewelry – These pieces will always be in fashion and are considered extremely versatile, as they can be worn on an everyday basis.
- Yellow gold jewelry – The value of gold is sky rocking, so it's best to hold on to gold jewelry, as it not only looks great, but also retains it value
- Classic shapes – Simple designs like hoop earrings or teardrop earrings will stand the test of time.
- Single strand pearls – Just because these pieces aren't "in" right now, doesn't mean that they're "out" either. Hang on to pearls, as they will always be considered sweet and chic.
- Charms – If these have sentimental meaning, then make a place for them in your jewelry box.
- Chandelier earrings – With the trend right now favoring art-deco inspired looks, chandeliers earrings can play well for seasons to come.
- Drop earrings – These are great at elongating the neckline and the body. Choose earrings with a few inch drop. Our suggestions include mesh or chain link styles, feathers or bright beads.
- Statement jewelry – Whether it's a great cuff or a fabulous pair of earrings, try something new and bold for fall.
- A Set – You'll get the most for your money with a set that includes a great bracelet plus a matching pair of earrings. Wear them together or separately for maximum mileage.